Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Religious Art Thing

The situation is this; I was approached by a friend of a friend about making art for a music video. I like music videos and I think it would be cool to work on one. Awesome. But, my contact has been really vague about what it is I'm supposed to be doing. It took 2 months of thinking things of ideas, that by the time I finally got around to emailing him back, I found that my ideas were not on the right track. What I have found out is that I'm supposed to be drawing these classic country/southern/Johnny Cash/Christian type images. That's all the description I have been given. I don't know about this. I really want to make art, but I don't know how legit this guy can be. I made one sketch and it was okay, I suppose. But, I'm not really motivated to do more. I think I am supposed to draw a hand coming out of the sky now. I suppose I'll get on it because I know that many commercial artists have to draw things that they are not really inspired by. And it's not that God doesn't inspire me, it's that I don't want to waste my time on this project if it's not going to pan out, when I have so many other things I could be working on. Have I mentioned that I still haven't met this guy face to face? Well, I guess that's the way it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment